langstone harbour mullberry

Didn't a lot of sections end up at Walchern to repair the dykes? Must have an HMVF invasion day to that area! A story realy very little known.

Indeed, but it wasn´t to repair the 1944 bombing damage, but to repair the devastating 1953 flood damage.

A museum is now housed in one of the caissons! See http://www.watersnoodmuseum.nl/en_GB/index.html

- Hanno

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Stupid question but where was this taken?

Its Hayling island nr Portsmouth Jack,you obviously didnt follow the thread about that area that myself and other members slaved over back in the days when everyone was getting excited over military archealogy,We gave up lack of interest.There are pics of this harbour,also war time pics of them being built on the beach.Dont think it was in the crash,:(

Its Hayling island nr Portsmouth Jack,you obviously didnt follow the thread about that area that myself and other members slaved over back in the days when everyone was getting excited over military archealogy,:(

I do try and keep up but I ain't superman :sweat: